Iobit - Beware of unwanted softare installations - iFun Video Converter

7 of 40 Iobit reviews

Update added by user Jul 11

Bottom left of jpg file shows iFun Video Converter beta and no way to close this screen.

Original review posted by user Jul 11

I use a number of IObit products, the Pro versions. I also have used the free version of IObit Driver Booster which blindsided me tonight. I downloaded the latest version of IObit Driver Booster Free and when I went to install it it ran iFun Video Converter installation NOT Driver Booster. I thought I had gone to a wrong website and that this was an error. I had not gone to a bad website nor was it a mistake. When I went back to IObit I found a reference to iFun Video Converter down near the bottom of the homepage of IObit.

It gave me NO way to close the window screen (see attached jpg file). No red X to close with, choosing Close window when right clicking on the taskbar icon would not work at all, only going into TaskManager closed the screen. In fact I am going to stay up and uninstall the products tonight.

Their sneaky way of trying to get iFun V.C. pushed out to the unsuspecting users of their products is unacceptable and unconscionable. I am uninstalling ALL IObit products in the morning and will never purchase them again. Such deceptive ways by them has now lost them a paying customer.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Style and Design
Privacy and Data Security
Usability

• What I liked
    • Everything in the past
  • What I disliked
    • Unwanted software being forced in my download from them

Reason of review:
Unwanted software forced on me
Preferred solution:
Need a new product to use. Want nothing to do with IObit any longer. Do not care about the money just getting rid of the software from them.
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Iobit Driver Booster
Review category
Software
review #880281 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Iobit? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 1 No 1
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
7 of 40 Iobit reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
IObit

Jul 19 #1186964

Dear Customer,
This is IObit Customer Service.
iFun Video Converter is a program from IObit partner. We did publish a news in the Latest News part in the past few days. The Latest News is a part of the main interface of IObit Programs. It is not a window that can be turned off. IObit customers can get the news about new product, new version, latest promotion or giveaways from IObit so that they will not miss any chance.
We did not and would not bundle iFun Video Converter with any IObit product. Could you please help us look into the issue by write to tickets @ iobit.com(Delete the space when you use this email)? We will reply to you as soon as possible and provide you with the right download link for Driver Booster.

0 0 Reply
IObit

Jul 18 #1186900

Dear Customer,
This is IObit Support Customer Service.
iFun Video Converter is a program from IObit partner. We did publish a news about it in the Latest News part of some IObit products in past few days. The Latest News is a part of the main interface of IObit Products. It is not a window that can be closed off. IObit customers can get the latest news about new products, new version, new promotion, and giveaways so they would not miss any chance.
We did not and would not bundle iFun Video Converter to any IObit products. If you would like to help us look into the issue, please submit a ticket to us from http://www.iobit.com/en/onlinefeedback-form.php?product=pro
We will reply to you in 24 hours and we will provide you with the right link to download Driver Booster.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Iobit. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Iobit.
Filing a new complaint about
×