Iobit - Beware of unwanted softare installations - iFun Video Converter
Update added by user Jul 11
Bottom left of jpg file shows iFun Video Converter beta and no way to close this screen.
Original review posted by user Jul 11
I use a number of IObit products, the Pro versions. I also have used the free version of IObit Driver Booster which blindsided me tonight. I downloaded the latest version of IObit Driver Booster Free and when I went to install it it ran iFun Video Converter installation NOT Driver Booster. I thought I had gone to a wrong website and that this was an error. I had not gone to a bad website nor was it a mistake. When I went back to IObit I found a reference to iFun Video Converter down near the bottom of the homepage of IObit.
It gave me NO way to close the window screen (see attached jpg file). No red X to close with, choosing Close window when right clicking on the taskbar icon would not work at all, only going into TaskManager closed the screen. In fact I am going to stay up and uninstall the products tonight.
Their sneaky way of trying to get iFun V.C. pushed out to the unsuspecting users of their products is unacceptable and unconscionable. I am uninstalling ALL IObit products in the morning and will never purchase them again. Such deceptive ways by them has now lost them a paying customer.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Privacy and Data Security|
|Value for money|
What I liked
- Everything in the past
What I disliked
- Unwanted software being forced in my download from them
- Reason of review:
- Unwanted software forced on me
- Preferred solution:
- Need a new product to use. Want nothing to do with IObit any longer. Do not care about the money just getting rid of the software from them.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Iobit Driver Booster
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Ive bought a full premium licence without any validation now on september 28.16 they changed their plan to monthly payment of 30$ a month thats absolutely ridiculous is the a..."
- "Claimed to be from Microsoft and my computer was locked by Microsoft. Not true since we restarted the computer and it worked fine. I have sent the case to Microsoft and..."
- "I run an ticket agency and was looking for a cost effective solution for my customers. I was sold with the webinar and our scheduled calls, they had a very..."
- "PRISTINE, Megan Stotts was fully oriented on required painting 7 rooms w/connecting hallways, Stotts agreed to do the entire job for $3500, with a starting date of 12 November,2016. A..."
- "I requested a quote, which they gave but were really pushy over the phone. I sent off my PS4 to have the fan fixed. Hardly heard a thing from them..."
- "I ordered a dress Nov. 15 , they said it would be shipped in 4-7 days. They took the payment, I paid with my debit card. And to this day..."