2.6
Privacy and Data Security
Style and Design
Usability

Update by user Jul 11, 2016

Bottom left of jpg file shows iFun Video Converter beta and no way to close this screen.

Original review posted by user Jul 11, 2016

I use a number of IObit products, the Pro versions. I also have used the free version of IObit Driver Booster which blindsided me tonight. I downloaded the latest version of IObit Driver Booster Free and when I went to install it it ran iFun Video Converter installation NOT Driver Booster. I thought I had gone to a wrong website and that this was an error. I had not gone to a bad website nor was it a mistake. When I went back to IObit I found a reference to iFun Video Converter down near the bottom of the homepage of IObit.

It gave me NO way to close the window screen (see attached jpg file). No red X to close with, choosing Close window when right clicking on the taskbar icon would not work at all, only going into TaskManager closed the screen. In fact I am going to stay up and uninstall the products tonight.

Their sneaky way of trying to get iFun V.C. pushed out to the unsuspecting users of their products is unacceptable and unconscionable. I am uninstalling ALL IObit products in the morning and will never purchase them again. Such deceptive ways by them has now lost them a paying customer.

This reviewer shared experience about "unwanted software forced on me" and wants this business to "need a new product to use. want nothing to do with iobit any longer. do not care about the money just getting rid of the software from them" as the author lost $100. JamesC2016 is overall dissatisfied with Iobit and uploaded a picture. The most disappointing about iobit driver booster at Iobit was unwanted software being forced in my download from them Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

This person also mentioned the following company Norton Antivirus that you may also consider. Also, you can continue reading comments about Iobit.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Software category for more informed decision or compare Iobit to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Iobit?

Comments

IObit

Dear Customer,

This is IObit Customer Service.

iFun Video Converter is a program from IObit partner.

We did publish a news in the Latest News part in the past few days. The Latest News is a part of the main interface of IObit Programs. It is not a window that can be turned off. IObit customers can get the news about new product, new version, latest promotion or giveaways from IObit so that they will not miss any chance.

We did not and would not bundle iFun Video Converter with any IObit product. Could you please help us look into the issue by write to tickets @ iobit.com(Delete the space when you use this email)?

We will reply to you as soon as possible and provide you with the right download link for Driver Booster.

IObit

Dear Customer,

This is IObit Support Customer Service.

iFun Video Converter is a program from IObit partner.We did publish a news about it in the Latest News part of some IObit products in past few days.

The Latest News is a part of the main interface of IObit Products. It is not a window that can be closed off. IObit customers can get the latest news about new products, new version, new promotion, and giveaways so they would not miss any chance.

We did not and would not bundle iFun Video Converter to any IObit products.If you would like to help us look into the issue, please submit a ticket to us from http://www.iobit.com/en/onlinefeedback-form.php?product=pro

We will reply to you in 24 hours and we will provide you with the right link to download Driver Booster.