2K views
Privacy and Data Security
Style and Design
Usability

I have been using many programs by Iobit...Advanced SystemCare, Uninstaller, DriverBooster, and probably more i am unaware of. Long story short....my computer is slow, freezes, and just acts goofy all the time.

It takes a long time to boot also. So I kept running scans using Iobit software, thinking it was somehow improving performance. Today, it was especially slow, and i decided to upgrade to ASC Pro. My MacAfee quarantined a trojan attached with the download, after i paid $19.99.

I am furious. These programs have been the culprit all along. Cnet claims they are safe from malware. BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!

I am uninstalling all Iobit software now, and will be contacting the company for a refund. Do not download!!!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Iobit Advanced Systemcare Optimization Software.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I didn't like: Infected with malware.

Comments

Clearly, the staff at IObit doesn't speak English correctly. Why outsource foreign expertise for mostly American programming? I'm uninstalling their products based on Customer Support feedback alone.

I have been using this for a long time and have had no major issues. I think the person that wrote the bad review has other things going on with their computer.

lol who even uses those pieces of *** programs? you'll see no difference when you first use it but later in the year your pc will be *** up and be slow af to the point you'll have to reset it and not use iorbit's so called "system care", "uninstaller", "malware fighter" and "driver booster" lol *** off

well first of all why would you have mcafee on your computer or laptop mcafee along with norton takes up too much memory now if you want a good antivirus program and it is free download avast it's good and does the same thing like other antivirus's do but don't use up too much memory

This is IObit Customer Services.

Sorry for inconvenience caused by. It is a false positive from MacAfee.

IObit products are clean with any trojan or virus. We've contaced them to remove it.

Please stay tuned.

And please feel free to contact us via support @ iobit.com (Delete the space when you use this email).

to IObit Palos Hills, Illinois, United States #1256615

Thank you, Iobit, for the response. I really appreciate that.

For now, I think I am going to ask for a refund. I've invested a lot of money over the past year trying to "fix" my new computer, not to mention the countless hours spent trying to figure everything out. A few months ago I encountered the same problem, but gave Iobit a second chance and reinstalled the program because I "thought" they were improving my system.

It all sounds really great...faster system, smoother experience, less hassle, but in the end it turns out to cause big problems. I am not a computer wiz by any means, and the less distractions and hassles I face every time I boot my computer, the better.

to Anonymous #1257576

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your reply.

Could you please contact us via support @ iobit.com (Delete the space when you use this email)? It woule be better that you can contact us with you email address which you've used to place your order, then we can locate your order and help you fix the order issue soon.

Jerusalem, Yerushalayim, Israel #1256247

I tried their useless Advanced System Care software a few years ago, it seemed very cool at the time but after a week or something it destroyed my windows. All those snake oil software just try to suck our wallet so don't be tempted since all they do they just clean cookies and temporary files which windows cleans automatically anyway and cookies can be clean via browser.

to Anonymous #1272045

This is IObit Customer Services.

Advanced SystemCare also support other useful features besides clean cookies and temporary files. And we always have free version, you can have a try before you decide to buy it.

If any question, please feel free to contact us via support @ iobit.com (Delete the space when you use this email). We will reply in 24 hours and help fix the problem you've met.

Thank you for your support.

to IObit #1275694

I'm going to email myself the link to this thread in hopes that I can get some kind of a response from someone who knows what they're doing--instead of getting NOTHING but poorly-spelled runaround BS emails--six, so far, I think-- from IObit "reps" over the past few days.

None of this would have happened, had I been able to gain assistance from IObit's very own FORUMS--which I cannot post in, because I've lost my password. I've followed protocol in gaining a new password, but I've received nothing from IObit.

ALL I NEED IS A NEW PASSWORD, IOBIT!!!!!

ARE YOU IN THERE?

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

to Anonymous #1277964

Dear Customer,

This is IObit Customer Services. Thank you for your effort.

Please kindly contact us via support@iobit.com.

Then we can assist to solve the problem you've met.

As your reply is anonymous, there is no way we can know who you are, and which email you are using. So we can't assist with the forum password, neither. Please kindly understand.

We will reply your email in 24 hours in weekdays.

And on Weekends and holidays, we will reply in 48 hours.

to IObit Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #1335482

I use this program for years until I install Aviras found 15 Trojans in my system was acting very weird for some time so I switch from ESET node 32 ver 9.0 to AVIRA Pro ESET didn't find any problem of Bugs so I switch AVIRAS

free found 15 trojans this isn't a false my system acting very weird then using AVIRA removed all 15 trojans and my system worst better about that people from ADVANCED System Care

so I tried again to reinstall the Paid AVanced System Care File Download from ASC I paid , and, again same problem this time I got 34 Bug mixed Trojan, and o on that' it with ASC Care I removed all since no problem

So FREE download or Buy download same problem and CNET Site have lost of problem with download apps all come with ADWARE or Trojan

I don't know I used AVIRA to find trace of bugs on all Files in my system of ASC directory nothing

but when I install it again Problem occur Trojan show up again and systen slow down so bye bye ASC I use SYSTEM MECHANIC FIX major problem ok so far my system work fine Daniel R

to Anonymous #1336285

Hi Daniel,

This is IObit Customer Services.

Please note that Advanced SystemCare is absolutely clean.

Could you please contact us via support@iobit.com, and tell us your anti-virus product name, so we can further contact the vendor to remove the false positive.

We will reply in 24 hours.